Project: Turkmenistan Maritime Transport Development Project
Consulting Services: Project Management Consultant
Mode of Financing: Instalment Sale
Financing No. TKM-1012
1. The Turkmenistan has received financing in the amount of US$ 135.25 million equivalent from the Islamic Development Bank toward the cost of the Turkmenistan Maritime Transport Development Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for engagement of consulting firms.
2. The services include to provide consultancy support EA “Turkmen Maritime and River Lines Agency (TMRL)” in the planning and scoping of the Project including design, procurement, supervision services during the vessel construction phase and launching and the subsequent timely, effective and successful implementation of the project through the provision of professional advice, assistance and support. The Project implementation will be divided into two phases i.e. preparation and procurement and supervision of the shipbuilding works, and expected start of assignment third quarter of 2022. The first procurement phase will be eighteen (18) months and the second supervision phase will be thirty-six (36) months, including twelve (12) months of guarantee period.
3. The detailed Terms of Reference (TORs) for the assignment are attached to this request for expressions of interest.
4. “Turkmen Maritime and River Lines” Agency “TMRL” now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants must provide specific information which demonstrates that they are fully qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.).
(i) The shortlisting criteria are to have an extensive experience in similar type and size of the projects financed by the IsDB or other IFIs, with proven knowledge of any MDB procurement process preferably IsDB conditions of contract and procurement. In addition, the consulting firm should be aware of local legislation in the field of design and construction. Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
5. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Paragraphs, 1.23, and 1.24 of the Guidelines for Procurement of Consultant Services under Islamic Development Bank Project Financing (the “Procurement Guidelines”), setting forth IsDB’s policy on conflict of interest, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.isdb.org
6. Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
7. A consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality-and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Procurement Guidelines.
8. Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 18:00 hours (local time).
9. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) not later than 31.05.2022.
International Relations and Contracts Department
Technical Development and Regulations Department
8 “A” Shagadam Street, 745000, Turkmenbashi city, Turkmenistan
Tel: +993 (243) 5-11-55 / +993 (243) 4-95-51 / +993 (243) 2-13-46
Fax: +993 (243) 2-07-81