REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(PROJECT FINANCIAL AUDIT SERVICES – SELECTION OF LOCAL FIRMS)
Turkmenistan Maritime Transport Development Project
Project Financial Audit
Mode of Financing:
1. The Turkmenistan has received financing in the amount of US$ 135.25 million equivalent from the Islamic Development Bank toward the cost of the Turkmenistan Maritime Transport Development Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for engagement of local audit firms.
2. The services include to audit project financial statements, preparation of periodic audit reports, statement of expenditures and also review and clear all statement of expenditures as well as conduct a final audit of the entire project before closing of the project accounts.
3. The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained at the address given below.
4. “Turkmen Maritime and River Lines” Agency “TMRL” now invites eligible local audit firms (“Local audit firms”) to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested local audit firms must provide specific information which demonstrates that they are fully qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.).
(i) The shortlisting criteria shall be based on an extensive experience in similar type and size of the projects financed by the IsDB or other IFIs, accredited locally having international experience, or affiliated to internationally known and reputable audit firms. In addition, the audit firm should be aware of local legislation in the field of audit. Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
5. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Paragraphs, 1.23, and 1.24 of the Guidelines for Procurement of Consultant Services under Islamic Development Bank Project Financing (the “Procurement Guidelines”), setting forth IsDB’s policy on conflict of interest.
6. Local audit firms may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
7. Local audit firm will be selected using Least Cost Selection (LCS) method set out in the Procurement Guidelines among the national short-listed consultancy firms to audit the project financial statements.
8. Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 18:00 hours (local time).
9. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) not later than 06.06.2022.
International Relations and Contracts Department
Technical Development and Regulations Department
8 “A” Shagadam Street, 745000, Turkmenbashi city, Turkmenistan
Tel: +993 (243) 5-11-55 / +993 (243) 4-95-51 / +993 (243) 2-13-46
Fax: +993 (243) 2-07-81