Open Joint Stock Company “Shipbuilding and Repairing Yard “Balkan”
Open Joint Stock Company “Shipbuilding and Repairing Yard “Balkan” which will be the first step in shipbuilding industry will contribute to the national economy and marine and river transports industry of Turkmenistan. The production characteristics of the plant are designed to process 10,000 tons of steel and through modern technologies that meet international standards and automated systems for the construction of 4-6 ships per year. In addition, the plant has the ability to process 2.000 tons of steel per year for the repair of 20-30 ships. The shipyard is equipped with a system for lifting and transporting vessels with a carrying capacity of 10.000 tons for launching built ships and lifting, transporting repaired ships. Maximum parameters of the vessel for lifting on synchrolift - length 155 m, width 22 m, draft 5.5 m. For mooring of vessels at the berth, from the eastern side the length of the berth is 280 m, from the southern side the length of the berth is 291 m. The average depth at the berth in the water area of the port and shipyard is 9 m, since the shipyard and the port are located in a natural gulf area, large waves are not formed. There are some portal cranes with load capacities 84t, 64t, 42t on shipyard for assembly works.
The basic shipyard technology is based on both the construction of new ships and ship repair works. There is no strict separation between shipbuilding and ship repair. The ship building process includes all ship construction processes, from the acceptance of materials, including pre-treatment operations, to final assembly and launching of the ship.
The total area of the Shipyard is 166.000 m² (16.6 ha).
1. «Turkmendenizderyayollary» Agency - (17%);
2. Turkmenbashy International Sea Port - (80%);
3. «The Marine Merchant Fleet» Closed Joint-Stock Company - (2%);
4. «Transport and Logistics Center of Turkmenistan» Open Joint- Stock Company - (1%).
The “Krasnovodsk Frunze Shipyard” of the Caspian Shipping Company (KASPAR), which was subordinate to the Krasnovodsk Sea Port was founded in November 1941 on the basis of the evacuated “Taganrog Shipyard” and the “Rostov Shipyard “Krasny Mayak”.
The shipyard with a total area of 1.78 hectares carried out routine and navigational repairs of non-self-propelled "Reni" type tankers of the "KASPAR"; medium and current repair of tugs of the port fleet - with a capacity of up to 300 hp; medium and current repairs of the fishing fleet type belong to the "Turkmenryba" Trust.
Over time, the “Frunze Krasnovodsk Shipyard”, already needed to update its equipment and technical equipment according to the calculations of the production capacity for 1976.Over the years of independence of Turkmenistan, according to the state policy of the President of Turkmenistan on the creation of a modern marine merchant fleet, the domestic water transport that meets the world level has already been replenished with ultra-modern tankers, Ro-Pax type ferries, port tugs, high-speed passenger vessels, which led to the need to build a modern shipyard. The shipyard, where it will be possible to continue replenishing the merchant marine fleet with new vessels, servicing and repairing domestic and foreign vessels, developing shipbuilding and ship repair in Turkmenistan at the world level.
Thus, by the end of 2014, a contract was signed with the Turkish company "Gap Inşaat Yatirim ve Diş Ticaret A.Ş." on "Design and construction on a turnkey basis of the Turkmenbashi International Seaport and its complex construction with the improvement of the adjacent territory ", which included the construction of the shipbuilding and ship repair division of the port on the latest technologies and equipment. In May 2018, a new Turkmenbashi International Seaport was opened.
The basic equipment of the shipyard
1. Combined plasma/gas-flame cutting machine (“ESAB” Germany)
· Possibility of cutting range of steel lists up to 100 mm (thickness).
· Preparation of welded seams: I-, X-, Y-, V-, K- shaped welds
· Marking possibility
· Ink marking possibility.
2. Plasma cutting robot with profile transport system (“HGG” Holland)
· Possible to process raw bars 3m-10m in length, and cutting up to thickness 60 mm.
· Marking (print code number).
· Cutting internal and external holes.
· Cutting to length.
3. Pretreatment unit for lists and profiles (“BSM” Turkey)
· Abrasive blasting and priming of steel lists and profiles.
· Pretreatment unit equipped with in feeding and out feeding roller conveyor.
· Primer thickness < 20 µm.
· Abrasive blasting quality SA 2.5
4. Pipe bending machine (“Doganer” Turkey)
· CNC cold forming / pipe bending machines with hydraulic mandrel.
· Hydraulic feed and turnover device.
· Multiple bending.
· Automatic pipe backing.
· Motorized height and cross adjustment.
5. Pipe gas flame cutting machine («HGG» Holland)
· Pipe cutting range with diameter 60 mm up to 800 mm.
· Gas flame pipe cutting machine with pipe support clamping and rotating device
· Rotation of work piece inside the chuck (Y-axis).
· Longitudinal movement of torch head along the axis of work piece.
6. Pipe flanging machine (“KAAST” Germany)
· Movable equipment for flanging pipes with diameter 33.7-323.9 mm.
· Pipe flanging equipment with diameter 21.3-114.3 mm.
7. Guillotine shear (“Durmazlar” Turkey)
· Working range: 2.5 m width, 8 mm thickness.
· Feeder system, pneumatic list support system.
· Table for metallic lists.
8. Combined steel shear (“Şahinler” Turkey)
· Feeder system.
· Pneumatic list support system.
· Front angle gauge.
9. Turning lathe (“Foreman” Turkey)
· Turning lathe with 11 m distance between centers.
10. Heavy load transporter (multi wheeler) (“Commetto” Italy)
· Length 14.5 m, width 5m.
· Load capacity 214 t.
· Speed 12 km/h.
11. Ship lift (“TTS” Norway) and ship transfer system (“Ra In Ho” South Korea)
· Length 150 m.
· Load capacity 10000 t.
· Lifting speed 0.2 m/min.
SHIP REPAIR SERVICES
· Scale removal from large-sized lists, primer coating and painting.
· The tugboat "Selbi" of the Individual Enterprise "Nurly Tolkun" was docked. Sandblasting and painting works, repair of the rudder-propeller, cleaning and repair work of Kingston boxes were carried out in the shortest time.
· The tugboat "Alem" of auxiliary fleet of the Turkmenbashi International Seaport was docked. Sandblasting and painting works, repair of the rudder-propeller, cleaning and repair work of Kingston boxes were carried out in the shortest time.
· Sandblasting and painting works were performed at the barge “Saroula” of “ILK MARINE” company.
· Assembly of stainless pipe structures of the "Awazanyň Ýalkymy" monument by welding joints.
· Production of metal structures of various sizes for bridges.
· Shaft processing of various sizes.
· Automatic plasma cutting of steel lists, thickness up to 100 mm. Shape cutting.
· Production of different types of street pillars.
· Production of screws, threaded bolts.
· Production of various types of fences.
Licenses and Certificates
from Russian Maritime Register of Shipping
1 - Certificate of approval of the welding process.
2 - Certificate of conformity of the enterprise for the repair of hull structures and painting of the hull and hull structures.
Training of specialists
The shipyard is provided to 1160 jobs. The certification of the shipyard specialists and the shipyard itself is on the progress at the moment. Today, the shipyard specialists have certificates for the welding works SAW, GTAW, TIG and level II non-destructive testing.
Since the opening of the Open Joint Stock Company “Shipbuilding and Shipyard“Balkan ”, overhaul, medium and light repairs of local and foreign vessels have been carried out on their own. To date, overhaul of 6 local vessels and 3 foreign vessels, medium repairs of 20 local vessels and 4 foreign vessels, light repairs of 23 local vessels have been carried out.
Cooperation with foreign shipyards
- On August 11, 2019, a Memorandum of Cooperation in the field of shipbuilding was signed with the Joint Stock Company "United Industrial Corporation" Ak Bars "(Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation);
- On May 27, 2020, a Memorandum of Cooperation in the field of shipbuilding was signed with the “Derya Group Mekanik Inşaat Taahhüt Tersane San. ve Tic. A. Ş.” (Turkish Republic).
Documents planned for signing:
- in 2020, it is planned to sign a Memorandum of Cooperation in the field of shipbuilding with the Joint Stock Company "United Shipbuilding Corporation" (Russian Federation) ;
- in 2020, it is planned to sign a Memorandum of Cooperation in the field of shipbuilding with the Korean Research Institute of Marine Equipment (South Korea);
Ship building plans
Negotiations are underway with foreign leading shipyards on the joint construction of various types of vessels such as ferries, dry cargo vessels, container ships, dredgers, supply vessels, oil tankers, etc.
Tel.: +(993 243) 4-94-41
Fax: + (993 243) 4-95-42
"Balkan" gämi gurluşyk we abatlaýyş zawody" açyk görnüşli paýdarlar jemgyýetiniň resmi web sahypasy